BirthBliss Aspiring Doula Foundation Course
The BirthBliss Aspiring Doula Foundation Course is combining researched based information with hands-on experience of working with women and couples before, during and after the birth of their babies. The four day course is very interactive where participants are encouraged to share their views, ask questions and nourish themselves as they prepare for work as doulas.
The focus is on ensuring that the aspiring doulas attending this course leave with not only a wealth of information, which they can pass onto their clients, but also an inner depth of understanding what work as a doula really entails. The course encourages the development of mindfulness, visualisation, breath work and reflective practice and will demonstrate how to truly and authentically support another person.
The course is facilitated by award winning doula Kicki Hansard (BSc Open) who is a qualified trainer and holds the City & Guild Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS). Kicki has worked as a birth and postnatal doula for the last 12 years and she has trained over 500 doulas since 2006.
* Sharing your stories and experiences of pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period.
* Physiology and anatomy of pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period.
* Recognising the signs of a woman in labour and how to support her and her partner.
* Obstetric scenarios and risks.
* Labour strategies and position and stages of labour.
* Optimal Foetal Positioning and Spinning Babies theories.
* Induction, pain relief, monitoring.
* Caesarean birth and VBAC.
* What happens immediately after birth, how to support.
* Life with a new baby, common issues and baby care.
* Infant Feeding day with qualified IBCLC.
* Counselling of the new family.
* Exploring reflective practice.
* Postnatal Illness.
* Working as a doula and running a business.
* Marketing, networking and self-promotion.
* And much, much more….
Courses are run in and around London.
Contact person: Kicki Hansard, call 0044 1923 351 323